Bay Lake Woodturners was founded in 2011 as a Star Chapter of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW). Bay Lake Woodturners is tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. To be a member of Bay Lake Woodturners, prospective club members must be members of the AAW.
- Monthly meetings are held September through June (no meetings July or August)
- Location: NWTC Artisan Center, 1417 Cedar Street, Green Bay, WI
- Day and time: 3rd Saturday of the month, 9:00 AM to Noon for most meetings.
- November and March meetings are moved due to conflicts with hunting season and NEWWG Spring show.
Joining Bay Lake Woodturners requires joining both the AAW and the BayLake Woodturners chapter.
- $60/year to the AAW (General AAW membership)
- $15/year to BayLake Woodturners chapter
- AAW membership provides insurance for all members during club meetings and activities. Insurance is required by NWTC to use their facility.
- Members of the AAW also have access to online tools, publications, grants and scholarships
- Join online, mail or phone (www.woodturner.org or phone 887-595-9094)
BayLake Woodturners chapter membership:
- The Bay Lake Woodturners dues cover meetings from September 1st to June 30th.
- The dues are collected at the September meeting.
- Bay Lake Woodturners membership is terminated if not paid by the December meeting.
- Initial Bay Lake Woodturners membership is $25 ($15 for chapter dues + $10 for name tag/badge)
- When joining in May or June, chapter dues will carry over/include the next year.
- Joining the AAW is required.
- All correspondence to members will be done with email.
- Club announcements and newsletters are emailed.
- Most demonstrations are recorded and uploaded to the Bay Lake Woodturners YouTube channel.
- Bay Lake Woodturners also has a FaceBook group to share club interests and information.
(rev 12/15/18 tjh / rev 12/1/19 grj)